New Evidence against the Standard Model of Cosmology

Thanks, but my interest I science is wider than the age of things. :slightly_smiling_face: I am curious how much others agree with Sabine on this based on the papers she cited.

After learning some about cosmology, I definitely thought it seemed poised to have some kind of fundamental change in the model. Whatever the change is it does seem like it what would have an effect on time in some way, even if it isn’t significant.

Anyway, I’m sure it would be an understatement to say that the vast majority of physicists would never consider a model without long ages given evolutionary models in other areas of science. If there was no widely accepted cosmological model, maybe some biologists would consider an alternative to the current understanding, and if the evolutionary model is overturned, maybe some cosmologists would consider an alternative. But otherwise I don’t expect anything to change soon. Even those kinds of changes would probably take decades.

Well…unless we soon get telescopes that are strong enough to consistently see objects farther back than the supposed age of the universe. :laughing: