On the Use of the Term "Creationism" in Popular Debate in the Past Century or So

But as I have already pointed out, I am not talking about the use of the word “creationism” by itself. As I have pointed out, you are trying to appeal to the use of the word “creaitonism” by itself as justification for why it should not be used in combination with other words you don’t like. However that’s just your personal opinion. Meanwhile, thousands of other people are doing the thing you don’t like, and have been doing so for a century or more.

Total nonsense. As I demonstrated, the use of “creation by evolution” dates to at least 1973, and the use of “evolutionary creationism” dates to at least 1910, both of them predating even the term “Intelligent Design”. People have been using these terms for 100 years without any confusion.

No I don’t. I’ve demonstrated that in this case there is a weight of an entire century of use of the very language to which you object, and which you claim is so confusing. These terms have become well established, and are very widespread. Clearly you were totally ignorant of this.

This is disproved easily by the fact that people have been using the word “creationism” paired with the qualifying adjective “evolutionary” for over a century, without engendering confusion.