Part 2 of Behe's response to his Lehigh colleagues

No, he offers a hypothesis based on the data he has looked at. Lenski does not have sequence data. Why are you doubling down here?

So if evolution is not responsible for the mutations that separate polar bears from brown bears, why does Behe use these mutations as examples of evolution damaging genes?

1 Like

Why did he cherry pick his data and not look at all the data which contradicts his claims?

Bill is great at regurgitating ID claims, not so hot on defending them. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is not his claim.

How about answering the question Bill?

Then what is Beheā€™s claim with respect to the genetic differences between the ApoB gene in polar bears and brown bears? Out with it, man.

Have you read his book? This is all pretty straight forward.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Behe thinks the genetic differences between polar bears and brown bears are due to evolution. Do you disagree?

LOL! Good old Bill. Plenty of excuses, never a straight answer. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here is the paper that is referenced in his book.Redirecting

Have you read the paper? I am not sure what due to evolution means? If you mean it is genetic variation from reproduction then I agree.

And that was not @T_aquaticus claim which you quoted. You selectively cut off the last half of his question to make it appear as if he wrote something he did not.

Kind of like what Behe did with the bear data.

You ID Creationists certainly do think alike.

2 Likes

By evolution, I mean the standard mechanisms of random mutations, selection, neutral drift, speciation, and the like. I have stated this multiple times now.

I will repeat.

It seems pretty obvious to me that Behe thinks the genetic differences between polar bears and brown bears are due to evolution. Do you disagree?

2 Likes

I agree.

2 Likes

With all the practice you just had pulling teeth, you must be qualified as a dentist by now.

1 Like

Now that we have agreement on what Behe is assuming, letā€™s go back to this:

Wouldnā€™t you say that Behe is using the very same assumptions Lenski is using?

3 Likes

Still have your pliers handy?

T why are you trying to spin this? He is looking at genetic data and Lenski is not. The data Behe is looking at shows strong genetic homology except where there is very strong adaptive pressure.

Lenski is making an assumption without data to support his claim. This is clear circular reasoning and is particularly glaring as he is arguing against a claim of limited evolution due to breaking and blunting genes.

Why does that matter?

There isnā€™t homology between vertebrate genomes? Letā€™s see what else you said:

Behe is looking at current data and speculating about historic events, is he not?

2 Likes

This very telling statement. The dat[quote=ā€œT_aquaticus, post:184, topic:5531ā€]
Why does that matter?
[/quote]

Are you really asking why empirical data matters?

No. I dare you to quote where I asked if empirical data matters.

The empirical data Lenski is pointing to is the fossil record and current biodiversity of vertebrates. I am asking why genetic data would make a difference with respect to the conclusion that Lenski drew. I am asking how genetic data makes a difference in the assumptions Behe and Lenski are both using.

1 Like