Rare Earth Hypothesis

God loves the cosmos as a whole. If there is any intelligent life on other planets that has free will, Jesus died for them. They must be able to believe on him, so there also has to be a mechanism for knowing in order to believe. We have scripture and historical evidence. So not only would we need to find evidence of intelligent life, we’d need to find evidence that they’ve already communicated with earth. Plus, the Bible seems to indicate Adam’s sin only affects Adamah [earth]. So any other intelligent life may not have had a fall or been affected by it. But God says He gave His son for the cosmos. That rules out other life unaffected by a fall.

Lol, see if you can find any logical fallacies in there, and then I’ll fix it :slight_smile:

I think the best evidence is actually Genesis 1, and I believe it more strongly after deciding how to interpret it scientifically.

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Even though the waters was the heavens and the earth, the focus is on the earth being formless and void.

Then Day 2

And God said, “Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.” 7 And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse from the waters that were above the expanse. And it was so. 8 And God called the expanse Heaven.

Heaven is not identified as a separate thing until God creates the expanse to separate it from the waters that made the earth. It’s as if heaven is part of the earth first, not earth a tiny speck in the heavens. The earth was always the focus. The creation story emphasizes this.

Then you have so many of these passages where the earth is the foundation of creation.

Job 38

Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:

2 “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Dress for action like a man;
I will question you, and you make it known to me.

4 “Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth?
Tell me, if you have understanding.
5 Who determined its measurements—surely you know!
Or who stretched the line upon it?
6 On what were its bases sunk,
or who laid its cornerstone,
7 when the morning stars sang together
and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Others are Psalm 102:25, Psalm 104:5, Proverbs 8:29, Isaiah 48:13, Isaiah 51:13, Isaiah 51:16, Jeremiah 31:37, Hebrews 1:10.

So I think the Hebrew writers also interpreted Genesis 1 this way.