Reason the Flying Spaghetti Monster Was Imagined

Continuing the discussion from What Theological Claims Does ID Make?:

Who is right? Probably both reasons are true. It seems like a term of ridicule that became something more. We’ve also covered them here before: Church of the Great Spaghetti Monster.

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was started by atheists for a specific legal reason. Religious exceptions was being given to Muslim woman to cover their faces on driver’s licenses photo while men from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster couldn’t wear colliders on their heads in diriver’s licenses photos. Court decision eliminated that restriction and then state legislators eliminated the religious exceptions all together. The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and the Satanic Temple are both atheist groups that have specific value in fighting Church and State separation issues.

2 Likes

Should this possibly be split off into another topic? May I suggest either “501 C(3) Organizations Saving the Planet” or “Reflections on Driver’s Licence Photos” ??

@Patrick could moderate, I’m sure. Colliders could be optional. Just a suggestion.

(Note to the really brilliant ones: This is just a joke.)

3 Likes

Hey, don’t forget about this one!

2 Likes

Outstanding! Finally we have a place where we can address the most-compelling topic on the board!!

:slight_smile:

@Patrick, can you verify that @Dan_Eastwood’s study mentioned here was peer-reviewed??

1 Like

Everything put out by the CGSM is reviewed for legal accuracy by many constitutional lawyers. CGSM doctrinal issues go through a local Kindergarten class for discussion.

2 Likes

I seem to remember that that open letter was the FMS’s first mention in our era.

I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism (Pastafarianism), and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence.

Gotta love it!

5 Likes

Hahahaha!! Thanks!! Yes, so I can see that, in fact, it was peer reviewed!! :slight_smile:

I demonstrated this in public once, and I can certify all my peers were viewing me. Then the police showed up and made me put my clothes back on. :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha… Well that’s quite an accommodating set of peers you have there, Dan!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Can find no Bible verses on the putative size of God’s… ummm… no; come to think of it, the whole subject is entirely “misconceived,” if you take my point. No need for anyone to get “testy.” : )

1 Like

Autofill and autocorrect are my worst enemas.

1 Like