RTB's unnecessary high stakes with neanderthals

By the way, Patrick, you are probably familiar with some lectures Jeanson presented in Boston a few years ago which got some blog coverage by several atheists who were in the audience. I’ve wished there was a transcript of Jeanson’s address and the fascinating Q&A pushback that came from scientists who Jeanson was surprised to find were in that audience. When I’ve tried to learn more about those episodes, I’ve discovered that some of those few relevant links online are now dead. Do any of your atheist sources have detailed information about those fascinating exchanges? (I’ve heard that Jeanson no longer permits unmonitored Q&A from audiences and/or resorts to simplistic replies when questioned in public: “Check the data. Next question.” Apparently, he learned a hard lesson in Boston.)

I would be delighted if Nathaniel Jeanson joined this forum and explained his most infamous quotable quotes and articles.

3 Likes

Of course, I understand. Didn’t mean to offend in any way.

And you are correct, your pushback is completely waranted. And “peaceful” of course.

3 Likes

Is anyone following the website of Cambridge Professor Bill Amos? The whole admix story rests on differences in D stats between sub-Saharan Africans, Eurasians and Neanderthals. He has investigated this and found that there is good reason why there is anyway an imbalance between Africans and Eurasians - no need to cite admix and indeed, admix probably is not the reason in the first place. https://www.zoo.cam.ac.uk/directory/william-amos

Citation?

Here is the paper. Let’s discuss.

Also, the whole admix story doesn’t rest on differences in D stats, see the recent lecture below:

1 Like

I’m putting science on the back burner for the moment. Want to focus on history of Christianity and Theology. I would love to discuss your symbolic Adam

3 Likes