SFT: On Genetic Entropy

I’m sorry, but stating the truth is not playing dumb. Everything we know about mutations, and we know quite a lot, tells us that (for example) in ~90% of the human genome the precise sequence doesn’t matter at all. There may be tiny efficiency differences to some sequence configurations, but they’re negligible; if you changed every base in that part of the genome, you’d still have a perfectly functional human that was indistinguishable from others. Sanford is simply wrong.

Stripping away the tendentious language: yes, the neutral theory of evolution is largely correct, and most genetic variation and change in organisms like humans is selectively neutral and almost all of it is unimportant for biology. This is a standard part of evolutionary theory.

Just an observation that may help you in the future: as far as I can tell, every time you say something like ‘You know, I know it’, you’re wrong.

This is a tangent from the current discussion, but it’s also wrong – utterly, even hilariously wrong, Seriously, do you have any idea how ridiculous it is telling someone who’s spent decades studying beneficial mutations that they don’t exist?

I’ve deleted most of the rest, since it’s nothing but a continued repetition of your claims, still without any evidence to support them. Except for this:

3 Likes