The Character of God in the Bible

I’d suggest reading through this thread. God must be the standard of good or He or any other god cannot exist as God.

If there are harmful consequences to humans, then by definition of our command to love our neighbor, those actions were sinful.

See also the link above.

Yes, it is evil when extremist Muslims kill Christians because the religion can be proved false by logic alone but I could also give you other reasons. Again see link above.

The God of the Bible encourages finding truth.

Proverbs 23:23

Buy the truth, and do not sell it, Also wisdom and instruction and understanding.

So we as Christians should dig deep into the Bible and consider its claims. We should be intellectually rigorous. At the same time, faith in God is belief in His goodness and submission to Him - that Jesus is the Son of God who saves us from our sins. So it would be contradictory to then also believe He is evil once you are born again. There’s difficulties sure - they should be examined and be thought about. As @PDPrice mentioned, Job is in the Bible for us for a reason. I’m thankful we have the book.

All of scripture has meaning for me. Over and over again you have accused me of tribalism and of ignoring evidence without bringing the Bible to bear on what you are saying.

Galatian 6:1-2

Brethren, if a man is [a]overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.

If I am sinning, then I ask you to be gentle. I also ask that you explain how you want me to apply that passage to myself.

I don’t see a rebuke here. They also didn’t question him out loud. Again, please let me know what you would like me to apply from this.

And at this point His disciples came, and they marveled that He talked with a woman; yet no one said, “What do You seek?” or, “Why are You talking with her?”

28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29 “Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?” 30 Then they went out of the city and came to Him.

31 In the meantime His disciples urged Him, saying, “Rabbi, eat.”

32 But He said to them, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.”

33 Therefore the disciples said to one another, “Has anyone brought Him anything to eat?”

34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work. 35 Do you not say, ‘There are still four months and then comes the harvest’? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! 36 And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. 37 For in this the saying is true: ‘One sows and another reaps.’ 38 I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored, and you have entered into their labors.”