The Character of God in the Bible

Why should receiving glory be a goal for God? Is he that insecure that he needs to prop himself up?

4 Likes

How could God be insecure? That makes no sense. All of us enjoy praise and recognition especially from those that love us or we love - we don’t have to be insecure to do so. Wouldn’t you agree humanity all throughout history assumes God or any god desires praise, adoration, worship and/or recognition?

Some relevant passages:

John 17

Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Psalm 86

Among the gods there is none like You, O Lord;
Nor are there any works like Your works.
9 All nations whom You have made
Shall come and worship before You, O Lord,
And shall glorify Your name.
10 For You are great, and do wondrous things;
You alone are God.

11 Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
[c]Unite my heart to fear Your name.
12 I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart,
And I will glorify Your name forevermore.
13 For great is Your mercy toward me,
And You have delivered my soul from the depths of [d]Sheol.

I would, but it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Clearly this is another subject you’re unwilling to think about.

4 Likes

Well, according to the story, Moses saw only his “hinder parts.”

1 Like