The “Evolutionary Worldview”

I think there is a fundamental disconnect is lost in these conversations.

For (most) Christians, we believe that there is a God, who interacts with us “spiritually”. One of the implications of this is that God can teach us, without going through our normal, “natural”, reasoning process. (There is significant differences in how, to what extent, different Christian’s believe this happens).

Obviously, atheists don’t believe this happens. Given this fundamental difference, if we are to have good conversation, we have to realize this disconnect exists, and seek to find common ground in spite of it. For the atheists, pointing out to Christians that they cannot of this kind of knowledge, is essentially calling a fundamental part of their faith into question. For Christians, suggesting that because they have this knowledge, that all scientists that disagree with them about science have to be wrong and biased is equally as offensive.

Just something to think about.

I should point out, that while I’m jumping into this conversation, I’m doing it as it’s something I see regularly at Peace Science that pulls us apart.

1 Like