Give me an example of unreliable information. If it was all unreliable, a rational mind would realize this information isn’t reliable. You don’t need reliable information to distinguish between the two. Things just wouldn’t work out very well for us.
Well, I suppose that if you try to reach a reasoned conclusion but discover that your conclusion doesn’t match reality, then you might think your conclusion not matching reality doesn’t necessarily mean your reasoning is not working. But if that’s the case, you wouldn’t have tried in the first place, and probably wouldn’t be capable of the mental effort of even considering the question.
The more I think about it, and the deeper I go, the closer to insanity I get. This way madness lies.
He has also decided that anyone who disagrees with him is doing so because they have rejected his god and have thus not been gifted with the power of reason. An unassailable get-out clause. Of course he himself may not have been gifted with the power of reason, but he never seems to realise that his arguments apply to everyone.
The whole line of strained verbiage is to impress the choir - “glory be, that’s deep”. But ask, if Christians have a more solid basis for knowledge, where does this kick in?
Do Christians recognize the truth of stop signs better than others?
Are Christians superior at solving murder mystery who-done-its than others?
Is every valedictorian always a Christian?
Are Christians the best stock pickers?
Are Christians better at math?
Are Christians better at chemistry?
Are Christians better at biochemistry?
Are Christians better at population genetics?
Are Christians better at discerning the history of life on earth?
Are Christians better at discerning origins?
Oh, but it is not about knowledge, it is about the basis of knowledge? What is that supposed to mean? If a Christian is wrong about a math problem, at least he is well based about it?
That is the purpose here. This is an unmoderated conversation that isn’t entirely elucidating. Reading over it, I think there may be value in, when I have some time, explaining my understanding of “worldview”.
And so that means you and I have pretty much done our due diligence with the other’s topic.
There is no requirement here that you and I have to continue forever to attempt to convince each other of anything more.
I think we are both convinced, within an acceptable degree of certainty, that we understand the WHY of each other’s opinon.
There will be many a half-finished bowl of stew on these pages. It’s okay that we do not finish the meal with each and every recipe that comes through the door!