The Future of Peaceful Science

Hello @Elle, welcome to this digital space. Is this your first Introduction from @swamidass here? Glad to hear your thoughts as they arise or need expression.

Your stated collaboration with @vjtorley could be interesting, @swamidass. Are you moving forward with it? This will require a lot of research about Catholic scientists and science according to Roman Catholics on your part that doesn’t seem to have been a topic of your previous work. My view is that this will help you escape the clutches of evangelical protestantism, by now a sad victim of religious disorientation & fragmentation on the topic of evolution & divine creation. Yes, we differ significantly about that fact in this conversation and how to address it openly.

A ‘realistic’ recovery of evangelicalism as a public ideology associated with the founding of the USA and at the same time distinct from the nation’s ‘Creation War’ is something we agree is needed. This site appears to be your attempt to do that.

To me one such pathway is not unclear. It won’t be a path known to you. Are you interested to see if you might walk & talk it?

You still haven’t said who specifically you aim to on-ramp. That’s rather important. If you look to BioLogos or even ASA, it’s again largely evangelical protestants, just as IDC targets. I doubt you’ll scale that way anymore in those old ‘markets’.

I’m glad to report this is false.

& I’m glad to clarify so you’ll holster that ‘false’ accusation and look to what is said that still awaits answer in what I wrote. :wink:

You have 3 retired white men whose posting constitutes at least 50% of Forum volume. Yes or No? That’s why I suggested making available the Forum posting stats, which would confirm or dis-confirm this. “Good idea, Aunty!” could have been a more welcome response from Joshua. Or just, “No, that’s not in the cards.” At least it’s a polite answer that doesn’t start by accusing of falsehood.

You expanded to other activities in your current portfolio that I didn’t wish to address, e.g. on-ramping (see note above). Yes, we are both well aware that young people are hungry and ready for a solution on this topic. Is GA supposedly the solution?!