Tim Keller is not an Evolutionary Creationist

But that’s not how it reads. Their point 3 explicitly allows for a de novo Adam and Eve. They don’t say that accepting common descent necessitates rejecting de novo Adam and Eve.

Right.

Yes. I started using EC years ago because “theistic evolution” didn’t make any more sense to me than “theistic meteorology”. What I believe is a kind of creationism, not a kind of evolution.

Probably true.

I very deliberately did not say Christians. I said Christian groups. There are large Christian groups like the Catholics, for example, which contain many people who still reject evolution even though their group officially accepts it.

Out of all those countries only one of them is close to the US; the Dominican Republic, at 56%. All the others are at less than 50%, most of them below 40%.

Considerable? Oh yes, their YEC organization has all of 1,000 members. Goodness! How considerable! There are nine million people in Seoul alone. The link you provided indicate that only 36% of Koreans reject evolution.

Some.

But it’s not the position of most Christian groups around the world. It’s a fringe view in Christianity, and it needs to die. Fortunately it will die over time, but it will not die too soon.

2 Likes