Why were Adam and Eve cast out of Eden?

Sorry for the delay in responding. Yesterday was a busy day.

I don’t claim any. I assume the translations are accurate. If they are not, please feel free to share the scholarship that would affect my conclusions.

That’s why I’ve tried to stick to the text as close as possible. I don’t see any other feasible interpretation of the story, taken on its own terms. But if you can see how that interpretation reflects my being a Canadian psychiatrist, point it out.

And I am just talking about the text. “Revelation” has nothing

The text says otherwise.

The text also nothing about “the devil”. Just a very clever serpent.

Please support that with text from the story itself, not the subsequent centuries of theological extrapolations.

I don’t think I misread anything, and as told neither did Eve or Adam. God purposely gave misleading information.

Genesis 3:22 contradicts this. This is God talking to himself.

That’s a real stretch.

No, they did not die. They lived a long a fruitful life thereafter. And God himself says “Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil.”

You’re really ignoring the text to make it say what you’re taught it says.

To be clear: I am saying God was fearful Adam and Eve would eat of the Tree of Life and become immortal, therefore more like God. God did not want this, so he kicked them out of the Garden. It had nothing to do with sin or punishment.

I do not recall that being your interpretation. Am I wrong?

Which is bascially a bald admission that the text, as it stands on its own, does not say what you claim.

Thanks for playing…

2 Likes