William Lane Craig and Joshua Swamidass: Did Adam and Eve Live Recently?

Unfortunately, there were several significant scientific errors in Dennis Venema’s work, and his claims were inconsistent with the mainstream consensus in population genetics. Here are some key links. First one is for a popular audience, and second is more technical. The second one was referenced by WLC in the video above.

1. Three Stories on Adam

2. Heliocentric Certainty Against a Bottleneck of Two?

Unfortunately, Dennis himself has not been terribly clear with what he got wrong. Back in November (Venema: Adam, Once More With Feeling), he sort of walked back some of it, but there are some important scientific errors in this post. For now, I won’t elaborate more than I already have done so.

BioLogos recently began what will likely be a long process of backing away from Dennis’s claims. Some of this has been public: Haarsma Makes First Round of Corrections at BioLogos. Some of it has not been transparent: Deleted: Does Genetics Point to a Single Primal Couple?. I suspect it will take them time to untangle all of this, so I don’t want to get into too many details now, beyond what I’ve already written.