William Lane Craig: Predetermined Conclusions on Adam?

Good points, thanks for sharing. Perhaps I am imagining something different in my mind, but I am trying to avoid things like Danny Faulkner from AiG writing:

As an astronomer and biblical creationist, do I believe that stars form today? I’m not sure. I understand both sides of the biblical arguments. I don’t see that the Bible absolutely precludes star formation today, nor do I see that the Bible demands it.

So it literally matters zero what we observe in the universe or have evidence for and only what is allowed past a Biblical filter. That is the position that I am concerned that WLC will come to. It seems that he is interested in actual evidence, but depending on who he is talking to, could be greatly misled by what scientists actually think. One example from the past could be this WLC podcast where he gets in to an example concerning some Mouflon sheep in a remote island and then interpolates that to be relevant somehow to estimates of human populations. I know that he was getting this from an RTB article, but nobody who actually estimates human populations uses methods similar to that particular paper. Presumably he will have a more accurate understanding of genetics by speaking with @swamidass but at the end of the day, I think he, like most Christians will only accept science that agrees with their interpretation of the Bible.

1 Like