A Concordist Rossian View

Here’s one – actually at least two, counting the Sunday School lesson – that was just fun. :slightly_smiling_face: My Co-instants Log entry for the date shown:

11/17/13 On my way east to Wood River for church this morning, as I was coming up to Cabela’s on Highway 30, there was a very large wooden outbuilding being moved. It was wider than both of the two eastbound lanes, blocking them and the shoulder, and really crawling. I’m guessing it could not have been moving more than 1 or 2 miles an hour, 3 max. (And I am never early!)

But as the Lord of time and space would have it, the timing and spacing was such that, as I came up on it, after having to wait momentarily for someone ahead of me to turn into Cabela’s west entrance, I turned into the west entrance as well – then, driving east through their front parking lot, I exited out the east entrance, passing the building that was obstructing the highway as it was slowly moving along. I came out behind the county patrol car that was leading the slow-moving parade, but in front of the building being moved. Passing the patrol car, I went merrily on my way.

There were, of course, alternate, longer routes by several miles on county roads by turning around and turning back, but it was cool the way it happened.

The Sunday School lesson (David C Cook Adult Student Book Comprehensive Bible Study September-November 2013 Vol. 130, No.1) for that morning(!) was on Moses and Israelites crossing the Red Sea. One statement was “The God of the Bible is not an abstract deity. He does not stand aloof from our lives uninvolved in them.” One of the questions (9.) was, “When has God been there to help you even before you knew he was there?”(!!)

The actual location:

(Not the actual building involved, but just one from online to give the approximate size for perspective, and for those who may not know about buildings being moved…):