A Little Holiday Humor From a Germ Theory Denialist Website

I bumped into this website run by a naturopath, who believes doctors have been “lied” to about germs as disease-causing agents. He also believes all microbes are the end result of a process called “pleomorphism” which runs counter to observations of the microbial world. He also claims that bacteria don’t cause disease, but are attracted by diseased tissues. I couldn’t help with serious laughter after going through the article, so I thought I would share that joy here. Enjoy.

6 Likes

It’s funny in a sad sort of way, until you realise that these germ-theory denialists are some of the leading voices trying to downplay the pandemic and spread dangerous misinformation about COVID-19 and medicine in general. I’m sure many have heard of Andy Kaufman, for example:

I follow David Gorski’s Respectful Insolence blog and he has made a response to Andrew Kaufman on his abuse of Koch’s postulates to “prove” that SARS-CoV-2 does not cause Covid-19. Here is the link to his rejoinder:

1 Like

I guess we knew that some of these people existed.

That video is an hour long. I watched only the introduction. I don’t have the patience to listen to the whole thing.

I do wonder whether these people are nuts; or whether they have found a way of making money from other people who are nuts.

Monetary gain is usually one factor, but in many cases it is a secondary one. Most of these kooks adopt falsified theories about the cause of disease, because they misunderstand science and ignore evidence that refutes their claims.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.