A New Deal for Intelligent Design?

My approach is fluid because the theory is massive and very fluid. How do you sum up a theory that is spread over hundreds of thousands of primary papers with more papers being published right now?

1 Like

I’ll look forward to reading it. I was impressed by how far outside my expectations Sternberg was in how he understood DNA. His views are radical.

1 Like

The size of the book is worrying, but I am always entertained by radical new views of genetics, even if they turn out to be wrong.

1 Like

For those of who haven’t looked at this, could you summarize his views?

1 Like

He takes essentially a hyperfunctional view of DNA, even farther than anyone would think to take it. In that way he is legitimately redefining the range to extend far beyond the pan-adaptationalists. ID in general is biased against neutral features of DNA, but Sternberg pushes it farther than I thought anyone would think possible.

1 Like

@swamidass

What is an example of pushing DNA to “this extreme”? I really have no idea how you mean this without an example.

I’d let Sternberg make his own case. Honestly I don’t understand the logic behind it. He is writing a book, so let’s see how that shapes up and take about it then.

2 Likes