A Skeptic Asks about The Compositional Approach

@John_Harshman

The discussions that will uncover some Genealogical facts rarely discussed will certainly include the issue of “sole” vs “multiple” ancestral status.

Plus, i will be chatting with Joshua about what could happen if we add God’s micro-managing which lineages get sorted to become dead-ends.

As for the issue of Creationist attitudes hostile to science… many times the one thing holding a Creationist back is the need to find a way to have an historical Adam.

If there is a scenario that allows for an historical Adam… without overturning all of science … it will provide significant motivation for Creationists who reject Evolution because of Augustinian metaphysics… rather than a problem with REAL physics!

What sort of a creationist are we talking about here? YEC? OEC?

Explain what this means.

@John_Harshman

Well lets talk about the situation at BioLogos. Contributors would post articles and videos on the topic that Augustine’s and Paul’s reliance on an historical Adam (see Romans 5) grounded the whole rationale for Salvation: Original Sin, triggered by Adam and Eve explain everything.
[Dont ask me how… im just the messenger.]

But the Eastern Orthodox also also believe in the importance of salvation… and they have rejected Augustine’s interpretation for 1000 years.

So at one point or another… i encouraged BioLogos to consider neutralizing the Evangelical reliance on Augustine. You would think i was frying up someone’s child!

To say this was not a uniformly received idea is a grand understatement!

So when @swamidass proposed a way to allow Creationists to have their historical couple… without overturning all the Tables of Science… i knew there was a good shot!!!

1 Like