AIG Canada: Calvin Smith upstaged by Bigfoot

I watched this so you don’t have to:

Or at least I tried to get all the way through it. Nothing new here, just a few of the usual AIG tropes:

(1) Fossils should appear generously in EVERY geological formation but they don’t.

Seriously? Should I expect delicate fossil remains to survive liquid magma? (Cue Mike Myers’ Dr. Evil.) And are we truly likely to find a lot of soft-bodied organisms easily preserved? And what frequency of fossil preservation is Calvin Smith expecting?

(2) Lots of woefully unsurprising Darwin quotations.

(3) Smith makes sure the viewer recognizes that Stephen Jay Gould was a “atheist Marxist.” (Yikes.) Of course, Smith claims that Gould basically admitted that the Theory of Evolution is a big sham as he plays the familiar card, “The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology.”

(4) Creatures appear in the fossil record as “fully formed.”

Could someone at AIG please explain to me what a NOT fully-formed creature would be like? Is it depressed and moping around like a Wizard of Oz character singing, “If I only was fully-formed!” (I can imagine a parody of the Scarecrow song, “If I Only Had a Brain.” https://youtu.be/nauLgZISozs )

Nevertheless, the strangest and most painful aspect of the video is a guy dressed in a Bigfoot suit constantly upstaging Smith in the background. I had difficulty remaining attentive through the entire video so perhaps I missed the connection between Bigfoot and evolution. I suppose the purpose of the Bigfoot was to associate evolutionary processes with folklore and legends.

5 Likes

A crocoduck perhaps?

3 Likes

I had several encounters with Calvin on FB before he blocked me. He’s a Ken Ham wannabee but lacks Ham’s intellectualism
and winning personality.

I suspect, but cannot prove, that one of Smith’s followers sent the police to my home with a report of child abuse. That’s the kind of cult Smith is growing. (The police seemed to understand it was a hoax before they got to my doorbell.)

2 Likes

I suspect that Bigfoot filed the complaint. He’s evil. I saw him in a Calvin Smith video.

4 Likes

Wait … what if it was Calvin Smith photobombing a Bigfoot video? :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.