An Information Test For Artificial vs. Natural Selection?

Hi Ashwin,

Regarding your suggestion:

“It might be possible to take human breeding experiments as the extreme limit of what can be achieved by natural selection on existing genetic variation in a species…
Could this be used as a control to define what natural selection can do even with guidance…”,

I would suggest that “human breeding experiments” cannot even come close to what is known to happen in the complete absence of humans. A long time ago (I can’t believe it’s been 15 years) in a galaxy far, far away I wrote an essay for another forum that discussed a most fascinating case study.

Like others in this discussion, I doubt that anyone can actually come up with an information test for artificial vs. natural selection. To the ID friendly participants here, I would further add that the expectation I think I am seeing (I may be wrong) that large changes imply intelligence is actually the opposite of what examples such as the Silversword Alliance show to be the case.

PS - this is my first post to this forum. I thank the organizers for allowing me to join. I found this place while looking for updates to other ID-related issues I have dabbled with over the years.

2 Likes