Atheists and Christians on this Forum

@thoughtful, I understand how this could feel like a personal insult, but as someone that’s spent decades in academia, I can assure you that this was not a personal attack. I have notice the same things myself and perhaps should have spoken up at some point with some gentler language, but @John_Harshman has completely valid points.

I find your enthusiasm for learning quite admirable, as well as your active pursuit of it. I would argue that you would learn quite a bit more if you did not often use a selective filter that disqualifies much of what you do not already believe.

4 Likes

41 posts were split to a new topic: Creationism, Christians, and Honesty

10 posts were split to a new topic: Death Before the Fall

That’s an understandable reaction when faced with incompetents who condescendingly ‘explain’ things in ways that make it abundantly clear that they have absolutely no idea what they’re talking about. The scientific equivalent of being told that Christianity is false because Mosses would have been killed by Horrid.

Feel free to share our experience by explaining why the below genealogy isn’t proof against Jesus being born of a virgin. You might, as per your subsequent post, wish want to start with Yes, that’s true. I hadn’t thought of that. You’ve researched this well…’

scd_genealo

… being subjected to transparent fallacies.

3 Likes

I suspect that talk would be either very boring or very scary.