Biblical Geography and the Existence of God?

What Atheist cut and past website are you getting that from?

Oh please. Cyrus, Herod and Nebuchadnezzar were real kings but the stories about them in the Bible are complete fiction, borrowed from other much older literature. Do you actually believe Cyrus issued this decree: “In the first year of King Cyrus, the king issued a decree concerning the temple of God in Jerusalem: And that he actually said this: Let the temple be rebuilt as a place to present sacrifices, and let its foundations be laid. It is to be sixty cubits high and sixty cubits wide”? I live in Florida. If you believe Cyrus said and did those things then I have a great deal on some land for you. Come on down. It’s a very valuable property, it just looks like an alligator infested swamp. Oh it’s true, just as true as what you believe about the Bible and ancient history.

You appear to be smoking weed. It appears you have a literal view of prophecy with a bit of a jumble. If this was a bible study I would spend the time to map it out. Sorry. The Bible is not for Christians. It’s just too far over their tin foil hats.

It’s my work on my Facebook page. I show my work. Where’s yours?

Could we focus on the Cyrus cylinder for a moment? I don’t see any disagreement on its provenance. The text has been translated and there doesn’t seem a huge divergence over that. Finkel.

Where is the connection with Biblical Israel?

1 Like

I did consider wearing a tin foil Hat. LoL. If you knew what I was working on. And Rubber gloves and splash shield for the nitrogen. Liquid that is. not the thin stuff.

To be honest. My years of work on Utube was destroyed when cancel culture, took freedom away from a portion of the public. I am fully aware of the abuse of power Atheists deal in. I have stories… so that is gone. sigh. but My work is instant. pick a part of the bible. LoL. You have no Idea.

The biblical Israel never existed nor did David and his 40 sons or kings. There’s that number 40 again. This number is one of several clues the biblical authors use as sort of a red flag warning that what you are reading is not to be taken literally. You don’t have to take my word about the mythical nature of the supposed nation of Israel. I recommend getting a copy of Mythic Past, Biblical Archaeology and the Myth Of Israel by Thomas Thompson. `

Well what goes around comes around. For most of its existence until very recently, Christianity was a very brutal and the dominant form of cancel culture. U Tube doesn’t burn people at the stake. The so called Christian “academic” community is pretty much impotent now but they’re still making personal attacks on writers who tell the truth about the nature and sources of the Bible. Even people who wish they were and pretend they are members of that community do that. U Tube didn’t have a problem when I was poking fun at President Trump for several years. But when the Dimbulbcrats took over and I started making fun of them, Utube immediately pulled my channel and cancelled me for life, any after life and even the after after life. So I’ve been there too.

1 Like

So you are OK with a vengeful cancel culture. Wow. eye for an eye has never worked out. Everyone ends up missing eyes and ears and fingers.

Christianity wasn’t brutal. you read history wrong. the Catholic church had its moments. I am not catholic. Just consider it was worse than the wild west. And if you are the law and order, you will get a bad rap.

Partisan attacks, baseless attacks on the bible and its historical background is done by two groups. Islam and homosexual Atheists mostly. for similar reasons. They stand unfit in the eyes of God according to the bible. Romans 1. 1 Corinthians 6:9 etc… its not based on a real historical query. Not having faith has nothing to do with Science or truth. Its a condition.
TRUMP has started his own social media group and has partnered with rumble which doesn’t have the same file system /account that UTube has but I have recommended they try doing that. Maybe it will pan out.

I do have a lot on my last computer I fire up from time to time and some work on this computer but I in some ways dont want to have to resort to looking back cause I should know my material by heart. And in cooperation with the Holy Spirit I generally have more than enough to get by.

Where did I say that? I’ve been kicked off Twitter, U Tube and even the atheist threads on Reddit. I’ve been sent to Facebook prison at least a dozen times and not once, not ever did I break any of their rules. No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth. That is certainly not why people on this site dislike you. Quite the opposite.

Witch burning isn’t brutal? That is a lie and you know it. Christianity has also fought a war on science that has stymied progress for over a thousand years. The list of scientists, including other Christians persecuted by fundamentalist Bible thumpers reads like a Who’s Who of science: Copernicus, Descartes, Bruno, Galileo, Newton, Halley, Darwin, Hubble… Don’t even try to deny this as your name identifies you as a science denialist yourself and a dedicated warrior against science.

I am not attacking the Bible you are, by trying to force a meaning on the texts they will not bear and is not shared by its authors. I doubt you’ve even read most of the Bible. Read as history it’s boring as hell and makes no sense which is why most people don’t bother with it. It’s only when you understand the metaphors, motifs, allegories, parallels with other literature in the texts and the astrological basis of them does the Bible come to life and take its place as a great work of literature. It forces the reader to think and we all know that ain’t allowed in Christianity. Your literal mind is far too narrow to grasp the real messages in the Bible.

So how many witches were burned. 5000 50,000 6,000,000 what does history record and how accurate is it and by exactly who ? Was it Antifa who said it was the proud boys? that sort of thing? Its your claim. What are the facts?

As for reading the bible. I think i could confidently say I have read it more than all the people on this site combined and a couple churches full of people on top of that. For years I have taken almost every opportunity when I am drywalling or painting or tiling etc. to listen to a book of the bible on my phone or walkman or tape player. I can easily read the book of Hebrews 3 times in a day and 15 times in a week. And run through the New testament like its water. Matthew and Revelation being a bit more work… Same as Isaiah and Jeremiah. The only hard book to do that way is Proverbs. and some parts of Leviticus.
I must be honest since this sinus infection I have really cut back but from memory I quote or type have a verse in to google to find it with ease. I do know others that have fantastic memories and can retain more but I get a E for effort. I highly doubt anyone here would have a F or even a G or H-

I am a born again Christian and the word is a two edged sword. Its a light unto my path and I hid it in my heart and it is profitable for correction and instruction in righteousness. And it hasn’t departed from my mouth and I have literally bound them to my hand and forehead.

And if you did not know that was a portion of a half a dozen references about studying or reading your bible. You could google every portion and find a scripture behind it.

And I can read almost every narrative in the synoptic gospels and find a parallel in the Iliad and the Odyssey. Pick one. You’ve wasted all of your time reading into the Bible what you want to believe instead of getting the Bible into you, as my good friend Hank Hanegraaff aka The Bible Answer Man has often said. Everyone who knows me, knows that I Boris am the real Bible Answer Man. The one and only. Even you. Even Hank.

There may be some cross overs in some thoughts. There is also lots of people called Jesus and Peter and Paul and there was a few heroes etc…

Hank is a great guy. Wrong on Election but other than that pretty good.

Hank is also a scientific ignoramus. But then…

you can say that about anyone. Including yourself. You likely think Light is a wave. When actually light is measured on a graph where energy is plotted in time. Then you draw a line through those plots. And it looks like a wave. light is not a wave. Light is a magnetic while we may not be able to see it. Its likely like pearls and switching poles from north to south not negative to positive. so if you drew lines around it it would look two waves but its not lines its magnetic energy.
But Even Scientists I talked too in the past studying light never thought of it before I mentioned it. Everyone can be a ignoramus.

Oh sure. :joy: This from a guy who thinks light came into existence as a result of a magical incantation from and invisible wizard. Was this “scientist” in the 4th or in the 5th grade?

But you insist that Solomon, David, Jacob etc were completely invented, rather than being real people with fictional stories about them.

Your approach seems to be that everyone in the bible is fictional unless we have extra-biblical evidence for them, in which case they were real but the biblical stories about them are not.

That’s far too simplistic to be believable.

You don’t know what I believe about the Bible and ancient history.

1 Like