Carter: Response to TMR4A and Created Heterozygosity

I glanced at the one calling me out in the title:

Verbatim quote from SFT at 25:12:

The thing is, the genetic evidence we have that we came from a single Y chromosomal ancestor and a single mitochondrial DNA ancestor - guess what? This didn’t have to be true! If ape-to-man evolution was true there could have been any number of mitochondrial DNA ancestors. There could have been any number of Y chromosomal ancestors.

He doesn’t seem to understand it’s simply a mathematical certainty under evolution that human mtDNA and Y chromosomes could be traced back to a single ancestor. Amazing, considering how much he’s talked about this subject and had it explained to him.

The only part of the video actually directed at me seems to be 43:00-47:00 (really more like 45:00-47:00). He shows this post of mine and notes that I acknowledge Africans have more recombination hotspots, but then completely ignores my point that this doesn’t seem to increase the overall recombination rate substantially (as they claim). He literally scrolls right over the post where I show that data, but doesn’t comment on it.

5 Likes