Christianity and Atheism: disconnected conversations

Well, here’s my advice to you based on your stated goals, as a fellow Christian, even though I’m not a YEC: I think you will be more likely find something interesting to write about if you focus your posts on certain interesting threads instead of trying to respond to everyone here. I don’t think I am serving you well if I don’t warn you in the dangers of engaging in pointless debates on this site. People here (certainly not just you) are too happy to sink their time into it, and as a moderator I am trying to curb down on it.

Secondly, I read that you are a presuppositionalist. (Is that right?) Then I would urge you to sometimes try to consider how things look like from other people’s shoes, with their different assumptions and presuppositions. Even if you think other worldviews are ultimately contradictory, it’s interesting to see the implications of adopting certain presuppositions. I believe that this will make you more likely to learn something new that can make your time here worthwhile.

A recent example is this thread: Does Science Work by Falsifiability? - #11 by PDPrice. Based on the replies there, some scientists (including @swamidass and I) hold a different view of falsifiability in science than you do. Maybe you think our view of falsifiability and how science works is wrong. But still, wouldn’t it be interesting to explore the implications a different view of how science works? Perhaps you can learn something about why we hold these views as working scientists. I think this could be a more promising route of engagement.

5 Likes