Comment on New Rules?

I have seen that, and it is very useful for topic level filtering. I was more meaning being able to filter out individuals from a thread

2 Likes

I will need a picture… i would give you a picture… but there is nothing IN the picture.

I see. For that, send @moderators a note with a person you think needs to be throttled. I’m not sure what the procedure will be, but if a person gets several complaints and does not chill out after his/her first few days, we will throttle.

We could institute a rule that places all anonymous users on throttle? That would limit them to 10 or 15 posts per day. What do you think?

1 Like

I am fine with that one. It is not a panacea but it limits a certain kind of problem.

1 Like

I’m leaning towards this too. Of course we will grant exceptions based on track record. E.g. @Argon need not worry about this.

Oh… I like that rule completely!

1 Like

I like it too. It gives privilege to people using their real identities. That is important.

1 Like

I think I’m going to reduce throttle limit to 5 per day, and explain rules for progression.

1 Like

It appears you can add users in your preferences to be muted. Go to preferences (gear icon in upper right menu), select notifications, then put the user name you want to mute in the box there.

Make sense?

Oh, thanks for the tip.