Comments on Jeanson Accuses Duff Again

I have no intention of doing Jeanson’s work for him. And no, I was not criticized for “not scientifically showing why the Jeanson model would be overturned,” which is unintelligible word salad. Jeanson is mad at me (and Joel) because he believes (incorrectly) that we quote-mined him and misrepresented his position. He doesn’t recognize quote-mining as such, so he lumps it all in as “misrepresentation” in his accusation of misconduct.

Moreover, your statement shows you still have very little understanding of the central problem.

In order for a new model to demonstrate it has explanatory power, its originator needs to show that it deviates from the mainstream model in some measurable, real-world way. If I claim that gravity is actually caused by the exchange of superluminal negative gravitons traveling backwards in time, but further claim that all possible observations of gravity should be identical to those under the standard model, my model is useless. It doesn’t matter how fancy my maths are or how cleverly I name my variables. If I don’t make any predictions which deviate from what physicists would expect without my theory, it’s effectively just a bunch of squiggles.

This is the problem with Jeanson’s so-called model. He’s just redefining a bunch of stuff and packing in fudge factors to create a hacked-together version of evolutionary biology that fits in his short timespan, but he fails to ever show that the predictions of this model deviate from mainstream expectations. He could try to show that, of course, but he has not done so. I have even provided examples of how he could do so, but I will not do his work for him. He has a Harvard PhD in biology; he should be capable of doing his own homework.

3 Likes