Dark Matter Rain

Put your imagination caps on please. :grinning:

I have learned cosmic rays reach earth (I don’t know what those are yet); and we’re trying to catch dark matter particles.

So a thought popped into my head tonight - what if “windows of heaven” are really literal? Like windows in space - and negative energy dark matter fell from space…They say the dinosaurs were killed by something from space. :joy:

Yes, I’m crazy. But why not have fun?

Here’s the verses:

In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. 12 And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights.

Questions:

• Could something with negative energy fall?

• How would this interact with water on earth, and other matter?

• Would this explain any odd features we see on other planets or the moon? This one caught my eye, just before I was going to post. Phosphine Gas in the Cloud Decks of Venus - #10 by swamidass

• Perhaps this question is the same as the second: how would it interact with the surface of the Earth?

Pauli.

You could actually just give me the quote you’re referring to sometime, rather than being like that. Why do scientists lack an imagination? I thought scientists had to have one.

Here, Valerie.

1 Like

@thoughtful,
Your position about “windows” would be more convincing if the Old and New Testament had a
better understanding of what a star is, and how big it truly is! If even just ONE star were to
actually fall to Earth … Earth would be destroyed long before the star ever touched Earth.

Daniel 8:10
It grew great, even to the host of heaven. And some of the host and some of the stars it threw down to the ground and trampled on them.

Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days
the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light,
and the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the
heavens will be shaken.

Revelation 6:13
And the stars of the sky fell to the earth as the fig tree
sheds its winter fruit when shaken by a gale.

It’s not a position, just a thought experiment.

You seem to be elevating your knowledge above the Bible. Some of this language is figurative, but obviously when Christ returns, there will be events that we won’t be able to physically explain now - Christ appearing to everyone, etc.

When is Christ’s return due? Why are we to to expect unexplainable events? Why do I not get to hear about this?

Read the New Testament. :wink: You can just read the gospels and Revelation if you want the parts with the most detail, and don’t want to read all of it. You can throw the book of Daniel in there too.

Shocking fact. I don’t own a bible.

No worries. :slight_smile: You can download an app on your phone, or I’m sure a free version to any tablet. I use Biblegateway.com or Biblehub.com. Versions: I use NKJV or also recommend ESV.

1 Like

I use Bible Gateway and find it a useful resource in being able to cross-check a whole slew of translations. I keep promising myself to learn enough koiné Greek to read NT in the original language. So far, I can only manage the Lord’s prayer. As I’ve remarked before, the OT and NT seem completely unconnected and the OT is not of interest, other than as a quasi-historical artefact.

1 Like

I just did a quick search for cross-references. This site has a few great examples to start with, but notice the visualizations on the bottom. Bible Cross References The New Testament writers have steeped their writings in Old Testament themes and references, but it takes a while to become familiar with how that works I think unless you’ve grown up in the church (assuming you didn’t.)

I grew up in the middle of England, regularly went to church and attended schools run by the Church of England. The main thing I remember about it was the antipathy to Catholics, probably exacerbated by the folk history of the religious schism begun by Henry VIII.

1 Like

Hmm…I hope this is not offensive, but I think they did a very bad job of teaching you if you never saw a connection between the Old and New Testament.

It’s interesting how cultural backgrounds influence churches so much but we don’t see it until we see churches in another cultural background.

You are correct in suspecting some of the “religious instruction” teachers I was exposed to were pretty dire. There’s another thread here covering the same points.

1 Like

Since you aren’t willing to use your imagination, and no one else is, I started clicking.

Isn’t this just fun… :rofl: Now I just have to go looking for more evidence of young things in the solar system since you didn’t play nice. :wink:

Just for fun, yesterday evening, I started reading Genesis, from 1 to 25 (in NIV translation). Didn’t take long. It’s not a narrative, is it? So disjointed and odd. The Nephilim? What’s that about?

1 Like

I’m not sure what you think you’re responding to here. Yes, parts of the solar system are younger than others, though the moons in question are only young as the particular sizes and orbits they now occupy. Some of our moon’s craters are also young, a few tiny ones within the last few years. So?

1 Like

That’s great! It’s definitely a fascinating book. I see it as a collection of historical stories that can be a bit disjointed. The narrative emphasizes the spiritual aspects of the history, as well as the people and their stories, so that’s the part of the history you get. Genesis emphasizes creation, fall and then God’s covenant with Abraham. Are you familiar with theophanies or did you notice those?

Here’s my take on the Nephilim. Nephilim and Genetics But there’s many other threads here about them if you want to do a search. It’s a subject that’s never really been settled throughout Jewish and church history.

That doesn’t surprise me. It is such an odd remark in the middle of, well whatever else there is. Makes no sense to anyone now. It must have meant something to whoever was responsible for the text. But none of that can be known now.