Dembski 2002: Objective Measures of Progress in ID

On this, I think ID has been successful.

At the moment, I think they have given up on this. It appears like this was a failure. Though, they are not even publishing much in safe-havens.

This has been disappointing. More than once, ID proponents have confided that they think specific ID arguments are really bad. Very rarely, if ever, do any of them come out publicly against ID arguments. Why not? @pnelson and @Agauger, why is this? How are you working to fix this problem?

Here it seems mixed. To their credit, this is not what I see from @Agauger and @pnelson. From others, however, that is exactly how the movement is described. How are you guys working to fix this problem?

For the most part, it seems that ID is rehashing the same arguments, as @Art noted here: Examining "Darwin's Doubt" - #66 by Art. However, I think it is important that some of @Agauger’s work brought forward important questions that ended up increasing our knowledge. Her work, however, did not have anything to do with design.

Generally speaking, “no”. However, Gunter Bechly is an interesting case, and so is Anthony Flew, and maybe (if he is associated) Richard Buggs. These are all real talent. However, they are also very much the exception, not the rule

There seems to be major hemorrhaging here. Dembski himself is no longer with ID. A whole generation of Christians in science grew up in ID, and most of us left ID when we encountered science. I am an example of that trend. I suppose someone could argue that I am not “talented”, but I hope not.

My overall verdict? Negative with some bright spots. It would be encouraging if ID actually remembered these goals and returned to them. Perhaps they might build credibility by putting to death their bad ideas, and engaging more deeply with their scientific critics.