Digging Up the Truth About Dinosaurs

@Patrick

Some YEC’s (like Todd Wood) have no problem with feathered dinosaurs.

I would find it highly implausible that all dragon stories are accurately recounted memories of encounters with living dinosaurs (not to say that all of them aren’t, though). However, I do think that the widespread concept of dragons was largely derived from stories of dinosaur encounters. Really, how could so many different ancient civilizations come up with the same sorts of imaginary creatures? (More on that here: https://www.ce-debate.org/dragons-fiction-or-fact). @Robert_Byers, (as for the other part of your comment), I find the fact that pagan civilizations often revered snakes/serpents (or something similar within their geographic context) rather eerie given the account of Genesis 3.

As far as the AIG article, I still think that the case for the “Behemoth” of Job 40:15-24 being a sauropod (or potentially some other sort of dinosaur) is pretty solid. The sauropod dinosaur is currently the best fit for the description found in Job, as other suggested animals such as the elephant or hippo do not match every detail.

I would have appreciated if the AIG article had footnotes to back up its information, though. For example, “certain carvings and paintings [that] strongly resemble dinosaurs” do exist but I think the AIG article does interested readers a disservice by not citing places where more can be learned.

As far as theropod dinosaurs being giant birds, I am with @AllenWitmerMiller.

Thanks to all for the discussion!