Dinosaurs versus Flat Earth

he really should look at satellite images of the earth or jump on a plane and head east and east and east and east and east… LoL.

I believe you are strongly delusional and incoherent, if you must know. The evidence of your posts is clear to any reader. This is not something under your control, so responding to you helps nobody, and I try to avoid it.

There is no mention of such a person in the bible. You again are bringing invented stories. Isaiah 34 does not have her or it nor does Genesis 1-3 At best there is a reference to a woman in Revelations but not Lilith. You are adding in Mythology where none is found. Revelations talks about a Woman in chapter 17:8 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. BUT its not an actual woman.

And we are covered by a dome. something no one would be able to truly see back when it was written. It proves extra special knowledge, Just like when Isaiah says God sits on the circle of the earth suggesting also that it is round when most today don’t think they could have grasped that and insist they are not smart enough. still I haven’t met many who could do the things they did from mining ore and smelting and tanning hide and moving blocks bigger than a bus. For daft people they seem to be smarter than most alive today.

Trying to shame Biblical figures in History to vent your bigotry is not scientific, its immoral.

Really? By whom, when, where and how was this done? How come no Nobel Prize for science was awarded for this debunking? Scientific theories prove themselves to be true by being useful and making accurate predictions. When the Big Bang was discovered, it predicted that all the other galaxies should be moving away from us. In 1929 Hubble observed that with his telescope. In 1950 Big Bang theory predicted we should find traces of the Big Bang no matter what direction we looked. The discovery of the cosmic microwave background proved that prediction as well. Predictions in science come before the discoveries that prove them true unlike the Bible where all the predictions and supposed prophecies were made after the events had already taken place.

The [existence] of the universe is a field of study that requires an intensive understanding of the various aspects of quantum field theory including quantum electrodynamics and quantum chroma-dynamics as well as supersymmetry in relativity and each of these areas of study require a mastery of the mathematical prerequisites including differential and partial differential equations, non-Euclidean geometry, vector calculus, linear algebra and operator algebra just to name a few. So, get back to us after you have mastered all of the mathematics involved in understanding the universe.

Neither of these events as well as dead people climbing out of their graves and appearing to many others in Jerusalem are mentioned in the historical record. Thomas Paine mentioned this ridiculous Bible story in The Age of Reason:

“It is an easy thing to tell a lie, but it is difficult to support the lie after it is told. The writer of the book of Matthew should have told us who the saints were that came to life again, and went into the city, and what became of them afterward, and who it was that saw them - for he is not hardy enough to say he saw them himself; whether they came out naked, and all in natural buff, he-saints and she-saints; or whether they came full dressed, and where they got their dresses; whether they went to their former habitations, and reclaimed their wives, their husbands, and their property, and how they were received; whether they entered ejectments for the recovery of their possessions, or brought actions of crim. con. against the rival interlopers; whether they remained on earth, and followed their former occupation of preaching or working; or whether they died again, or went back to their graves alive, and buried themselves.” :rofl:

The falsehoods of the Christian superstition have caused more damage to our civilization than anything else. Christianity tried to kill science while it was an infant in the cradle. Now just the fact that the infant grew up is really torturing its childhood abuser. Christianity is the worst human tragedy to ever come upon this planet. Your post is the exact same attitude that got millions of unbelievers and so-called witches hunted down, arrested, tortured and murdered by angry illiterate and evil Christians. I have no doubts at all that you long for those days to return so you could exact revenge on people who do not believe as you do. Unbelief is neither wrong nor is it evil. religion is both.

Yes really, they already have human lungs in mice and pig hearts to put into humans.

You are talking nonsense again. for a 100 points who is Francis Bacon.

I have dealt with guys like you who do not use the form to discuss science. They use it to Harass. How about this… you go your way and I will go mine.

As someone who isn’t a young earth creationist or a Christian,I’m gonna have to disagree with you there. The idea that many new atheists have that science and Christianity have always been at odds seems silly given how many Western scientists were whole-heartedly Christians themselves.

3 Likes

The fact that scientists were Christians has never stopped the Church and other Christians from persecuting these scientists. The list of those who earned the wrath of the Christian religion reads like a Who’s Who of Science: Copernicus, Bruno, Galileo, Descartes, Newton, Halley, Darwin, Hubble, even Bertrand Russell. Almost daily the Discovery Institute publishes another article bashing Charles Darwin. Why don’t you read about the Scopes trial? Andrew White, a former president of Cornell University, wrote a history of the conflict entitled The Warfare of Science with Theology. It covered hundreds of historical cases and that the religion generally repeats the same three-step process whenever confronted by a threatening scientific discovery:

First, the religion tries to crush the new scientific discovery and theory, often through censorship and persecution of the scientist. But as the evidence supporting the scientific viewpoint inevitably grows, the Christianity struggles to find a compromise position that incorporates both viewpoints. Eventually, the scientific victory is complete, and the Christians are left to indulge in apologetics, a field of study that explains away and defends the actions of Christians. In this stage, apologists invariably claim that there is not, and never was, any conflict between the Church and science. This process has occurred down through history every time there is a new discovery about the natural world. This has resulted in a Christianity today that is completely unrecognizable from the Early Christian Church. If the two could ever meet, they would denounce each other as heretics.

Francis Bacon is a guy who said: "God, worketh nothing in nature but by second causes. To speak of God as the first cause is a matter of theology, not science, and reasonable men do not unwisely mingle or confound these learnings together.” You might want to take that advice.

You do realize that Christianity is not a monolith right? There are many interpretations and denominations within the religion. Just because some of those interpretations have disagreed with what were once developing scientific fields like Evolutionary Biology and Geology doesn’t mean Christianity is an inherently anti-scientific ideology. Many Christians whole-heartedly accept the two fields of science I just mentioned.

That list you gave looks interesting since you put Newton on it. He was a devout Christian himself who believed that his research on physics was evident of a designer of some kind. Also, the Discovery Institute isn’t an inherently Christian organization anyway, at least I thought it wasn’t. Many of them are probably Christians but they’re not promoting Christianity itself, just Intelligent Design, which is just the idea that a designer was involved in the evolutionary process.

1 Like

The Discoettes have given up pretending they’re all about science. The Reverend Stephen C. Meyer’s latest book is called Return of the God Hypothesis. So, they’ve come out of the closet. The Discovery Institute is and always has been part of the Christian apologetics industry, which is of course dedicated to conning Christians out of their hard-earned money.

It doesn’t matter. Christianity fervently believes without questioning. Science depends on skepticism. Christianity wraps itself in a security blanket of the settled and the final and depends solely on sacred revelations while science tells us that no finding is the final word and all findings are subject to future revision and even outright rebuttal. Religion insists it has the truth, that it has knowledge once and for all of the unknown. Science admits its partial ignorance and its contingency. The “knowledge” of religion concerns the un-provable while the knowledge of science is what is provable by mathematics and experiment. And let us not forget it was the rise of science that led to religious skepticism and a critical attack on the supposed scientific reliability of the Bible. What about that?

You have a lot of nerve. Your handle is an egregious lie - evolution is not a hoax but creationism is. Lying is immoral but your bogus interpretation of Bible has twisted your moral compass so that it points in the wrong direction - towards evil.

Oh sure. The Bible was written by men who didn’t know where the sun went at night.

I have carefully read the works of astrophysicists, but do not recall having read anything like what you just said.

Would you kindly provide citations from the astrophysics literature to support your astonishing claim?

Respectfully, Scott, you appear to not understand what it is you are saying. And the more you try to explain, the deeper you dig your hole. Maybe you should give this whole science thing a rest … or maybe take some courses at your local community college to fill in the gaps in your knowledge bank.

May you and yours enjoy a blessed 2022,
Chris

2 Likes

Hi Addish,

I liked your post, but I think you misunderstand the ID literature. Perhaps a few ID proponents are modestly proposing God’s hidden involvement in evolution, but most of the ID literature I have read takes the position that the claims of evolutionary biology are unsound and that tens of thousands of biologists are simply wrong, wrong, wrong.

I do not wish to litigate anything here; I’m just trying to point out why the very mention of ID can cause the blood of biologists to boil, which you will notice when you hang out at this forum long enough. :slight_smile:

Have a blessed 2022,
Chis

4 Likes

Hi Addish
The idea of intelligent design is that we can detect design in nature through a method. According to Michael Behe the method is design can be inferred when we recognize a purposeful arrangement of parts. The word purpose means a set of parts that perform a function and we can assign a purpose for that function.

ID is larger then just biology.

You make me laugh. Someone here used the term, Yak shaving. I think I have a bad case of that in business and in life. I want to go down the rabbit hole and see if there is something I forgot to buy when doing a project. Imagine I am renovating a bathroom on a holiday and the stores wont be open. There is this feeling a fear that drives you to look at all the bits needed and to run through the order of operations. I have that bent. So when doing a basement I can order materials and save delivery fees by itemizing everything I need and avoid a thousand trips to the depot for more.

So when I look at peoples theory or claimed science I always walk it through. step by step and pooof… Some guys moving the fridge and gets to the door but he didn’t measure the door. he assumes wrongly since its in the house it will just get moved out of the house. Some guy putting new windows and doors in the house put a different front door… OR the fridge was taken apart before it was moved into the house. so, no it will not fit. Not unless you do this and that.

So My first go to is that it takes 8 minutes to get light from the sun to our tiny planet. I don’t need anything other than that. The theory says that the whole universe was created in second… Nnnnnt. Bzzzzzt. gong… ding ding ding. the whole universe. So then I said OK maybe if it was all made of led or gold very compact. How big is the universe and what do they say it was made out of in the big inning.

So the question I have is how do I fit this whole universe in if the speed of light only allows me 8 minutes of time. lets say. they say a few seconds, but hey Im generous. 8 minutes. how much space is that and could I fit my luggage in that space. what size is my luggage.

The mass density of visible matter (i.e., galaxies) in the Universe is estimated at 3e-28 kg/m^3 (3e-31 times the mass density of water). The radius of the visible Universe is estimated at 1.7e26 m (18 thousand million lightyears) plus or minus 20 percent or so. This yields a total mass of the visible matter of about 6e51 kg (1.3e52 lb), which is equivalent to the weight of 4e78 hydrogen atoms. Since nine out of ten atoms and ions in the Universe are in the form of hydrogen, this is a reasonable estimate for the number of atoms in the Universe (based on the visible galaxies only). Maybe a correction factor of the order of 2 has to be applied to account for the warping of space on very large scales. - I cut and pasted that. from people.cs.umass.edu

the weight of 4e78 hydrogen atoms (and I assume the size) that is 4,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. atoms. in my luggage. I am not that good at math. Maybe someone here can calculate how big of a sphere is needed to house that many hydrogen atoms.
The size of a hydrogen atom in meters is 1.2 X 10-10 meters in diameter.
Maybe someone could do me the math and tell me what size of suitcase we would need for all of that. Then we can determine if I am correct.
the Helium atom (Helium gas) for testing porosity and permeability of materials as it is the smallest of the single atom gases, with an atomic radius of 31pm, or diameter of 62pm. So with a bit of physics you can convert that to be more accurate.

Fun fact, they wiped out the obvious error and tossed out the speed of light in the wiki reference of the Big bang. Down in the reading it says:
Inflation stopped at around the 10−33 to 10−32 seconds mark, with the universe’s volume having increased by a factor of at least 1078. Reheating occurred until the universe obtained the temperatures required for the [production of a [quark–gluon plasma]as well as all other [elementary particles]
and:
At approximately 10−37 seconds into the expansion, a [phase transition] caused a cosmic inflation), during which the universe grew [exponentially], unconstrained by the [light speed invariance], and temperatures dropped by a factor of 100,000. Microscopic [quantum fluctuations] that occurred because of [Heisenberg’s uncertainty principle] were amplified into the seeds that would later form the large-scale structure of the universe At a time around 10−36 seconds, the [electroweak epoch] begins when the strong nuclear force separates from the other forces, with only the electromagnetic force and weak nuclear force remaining unified.

It just goes to show you that when challenged they wipe out everything and re-write it to avoid the problem without solving the problem.

If you see how that adds up than take the luggage through the front door. I cant see it. Tossing speed of light out the window basically makes anything any size basically meaningless so there is that dumpster fire there but other than that. you tell me. does the math add up?

Its why I had them change my yellow star beside my name here from ID or whatever it was they had to. IIDC intentional, intelligent design creationist meaning life was made in special events in a moment of time not in a evolutionary process and it was done by God intentionally with thought, drafting, imagination and construction technology. Now, that could mean he had a lab and made the DNA and the cell etc. and watched it like popcorn. But it doesn’t mean that it started as a bacteria and then gradually added information or lost information or turned on this or that by a random event.
I am a IIDC. God sat at a bench took out the soldering iron or chain saw and put the chemicals together in a scientific method from scratch to completion without generations of births. one shot. How that happened, well, we see it happen every birth. He put the Jack in the box and Poof Adam came out. Then after he saw that Adam was no good by himself, there was underwear on the lamp shades, moldy bread in the fridge and said, enough is enough… Not a single picture on the wall… And so he took some DNA from a rib apparently in some fashion or did some surgery or metaphorically took a rib meaning Mans DNA and then crafted a woman out of what was already existing. That means he did not make a new woman with new DNA but took from that existing DNA and worked his magic in the lab or however and made a woman.
I only am pushing this because the bible and nature shows a very distinct difference between a male and female and there are other species that do not have this difference. There is a significant amount of evolution that would have to take place and be seen in the fossil record to show the transition which does not exist.
Which brings up the point why some believe birds and Dinosaurs are related because they lay eggs but so do turtles and Platypus and fish and spiders and frogs. Such a transition is something important to be sorted out and its interesting that God skips the problem by making women. Its suggests the man was already to go rather than neutral or even with a fully grown woman a man without the parts would be useless. So clearly the story is shy on detail or God already knew.

My belief is Man and woman were not created on earth but thats another story. but in the garden of Eden and the detail of the rib and the seeing Man shouldn’t be alone isn’t really a after thought even though its presented that way in the bible.

Yes, this is definitely masterful reasoning. And so cogently stated.

By the way, this is what Yak Shaving Day is about. The original cartoon sequence seems not to be available, but this song is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mmISldi060

1 Like