Divine Action in the Thailand Cave Rescue?

So @Jongarvey, I was thinking about some of our past conversations on information.

I was thinking about this in an Asian context. “Luck” is an important concept in Thailand (Luck - Wikipedia), as it is in many asian countries.

belief in luck is prevalent in many predominantly Buddhist countries. In Thailand, Buddhists may wear verses (takrut) or lucky amulets which have been blessed by monks for protection against harm.[23]

Luck is random improbable events, but it is also though to have a material or spiritual cause (such as karma). It is also connected to “fate.” We often see luck as ontological randomness often in our context. In the asian context, it might rather mean the “place where things beyond our direct understanding operate.” That understanding of luck might be closer to reality.

I am not expert on asian religious beliefs on luck. Perhaps one of the scholars in Hong Kong can help us (@Andrew_Loke, @rcohlers, @kelvin_M). Still, I see the connection to “randomness” being better understood as “unknown” than ontological chance. What do you think?