Evolutionary Science Books That Respond to its Dissent or Rejection

RumraketMikkel R.Atheist Molecular Biology Technician

24m

Also Neil Shubin’s latest book Some Assembly Required is great (thread on this forum about it here: Nothing in biology begins when you think it does, and a review here: Some Assembly Required: book review).

Besides that, anything by Nick Lane is interesting and very engaging. His latest book The Vital Question is about both the origin of life, the evolution of endosymbiosis and mitochondria, and about evolution of eukaryotes and eukaryote complexity.

I’ll look into them…

Puck_MendelssohnAmazon Reviewer of ID

20m

I second that suggestion.

A lot of “response to creationists” type work is not that wonderful, and framing the thing as a contest between evolutionary theory and creationism tends to get it wrong in any event. Creationism isn’t even involved, in any way, in the scientific view of things; it’s not at the table, it’s not part of the discussion. So the best thing is to understand evolutionary theory on its own terms, at which point, if you’ve done your homework correctly, the creationist objections will no longer make much sense. Understand the consensus, and THEN try to understand the critique; don’t start with the critique.

Right, understood…

@John_Harshman : Right, permanent copies, I prefer.