Gauger: Alternate Reading Frames Unlike Human Design

God’s providence is still occurring, and I don’t know why I shouldn’t add ‘creatively’.

I still have a couple of questions that you haven’t answered, the main one being this:

1 Like

This will clear it up. “God’s design” is a fixed creation event in the past. This idea stands in direct opposition to TE which says God is creating today using evolution.

Since God is atemporal or omnitemporal, his design is ‘now’, not a ‘fixed creation event in the past.’

ETA ‘not…’

Which brings up my other question,

(It is relevant to design, creation, and when.)

The first occurrence of lightning would have been a natural phenomenon based on out of balance chemical reactions also based on smaller particles designed by God following fundamental physical laws designed by God. But you know all this.
What are you really asking?

Are you trying to get me to equate lightning and Ann G’s alternate reading frames?

It’s not hard to see where you are headed with this. Since yes, of course, I believe that Jesus and his disciples worked creative miracles - and yes I have personally witnessed creative miracles today - you want me to affirm that Jesus also caused all life to have arisen due to a long-ago single-celled organism…

I will absolutely not go there with you. And I will also tell you that in your haste to go there, you have erred.

In your humble opinion, and it is opinion only, not correct exegesis nor good science.

…the most common mutations, transitions, are not really “copying errors,” because the keto-enol transition of the base is driving them and the polymerase is working correctly. So if you’d like, that can be seen as providence more than chance.

1 Like

God can use evolution as a method of creation, just as much as he uses special creation as a method!

3 Likes

Why do you find that concept so disturbing? Do you not believe that God could create a universe where he designs the laws of physics in such a way that life appears and evolves? Why do you limit God’s sovereignty and omniscience?

5 Likes

The apostle warned: Do not go beyond what is written. So here a question for you - Why do push past the limits?

You mean like so many Young Earth Creationists go beyond what is written? Do you mean like you go beyond what is written

We’ve asked you the same question many times but you haven’t provided an answer.

Indeed, just minutes ago I asked you that same question on another thread when you went way beyond the limits of scripture by claiming that each of the six days of creation in Genesis involved “out of nothing” (ex nihilo) creation. (See Creationism and materialism - #7 by AllenWitmerMiller )

“Pot, meet kettle.”

POSTSCRIPT: Is a scientist who explains the action of chlorophyll going “beyond the limits” of the scriptures which only speak of the plants of the field? Is a cardiologist going “beyond the limits” by describing the detailed anatomy of the heart rather than calling the heart deceitful above all things? Evolutionary biology is just explaining what God created “each after its own kind.” (Indeed, if a male and female pair of animals ever produced offspring which were not very similar to the parents, that would be powerful evidence against the Theory of Evolution.)

5 Likes

What is this mysterious question I keep dodging?

Why couldn’t evolution be the same, with life following the laws set out by God?

3 Likes

He gave you a link to one instance. :roll_eyes:

Creationism and materialism

2 Likes

And this has been discussed before in various places. Here’s an old instance:

1 Like

@noUCA

So god can build a set of chromosomes… but somehow it is impossible for Him to alter the very same chromosome to create a mutation important in the evolutionary history of animals, including humans and other primates?

If you dont respond to me you essentially force me to file a complaint with the moderators.

1 Like

48 posts were split to a new topic: Zachary Ardern, Swamidass, Gauger, and Overlapping Genes

I wish there were a transcript to what I posted early above, but this is kind of a review and speaks directly to the question:

As a Christian, it is fairly obvious that evolution is designed.