God hid the Aether?

Thanks for mentioning this passage. I had come across it and forgotten. I see the emphasis there on uninhabitable and uninhabited. I was just looking at the chapter and saw this: “Behold, he comes up like clouds; his chariots like the whirlwind; his horses are swifter than eagles— woe to us, for we are ruined!” I pointed out in this post

I see this passage doing something similar. It’s referring to multiple points in God’s story all at once. It’s a reference here both to creation, temporal judgment, and Jesus’ second coming. I don’t think the temporal judgment negates the meaning for creation; it just adds another context.

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m emphasizing instead that time was created “at the beginning” with matter and light was created afterwards. The separation is important because science would say they are all at the same time.

I’m not sure what you’re saying here. But I see the text saying there was darkness until light was created, light filled the universe until the beginning of the second day when night/darknes s fell. For us, that means the earth is rotating, so I see the disk I describe rotating to create darkness. That’s probably wrong. Just a possible interpretation.

I describe in my other post that the Bible refers to a “third heaven” so I don’t see why not. I’d agree with the second sentence.

I may be misunderstood, and if I misspoke I apologize. I meant to say that one person’s exegesis is not any more correct than mine just because of the time period we live in. God’s Word is always relevant. Of course, that doesn’t mean that mine is either. We should always search scripture and see what the church has said.

Of course, Adam did not speak Hebrew. That’s not what I was trying to convey. I meant that God gave Adam the story, it was retold throughout generations until likely Noah wrote it in Genesis. There’s way too much emphasis in modern textual criticism of Middle Eastern context - I’ve done a bit of research of those stories - their origins are all based after the flood because they didn’t really know anything else. Genesis is emphasizing that was not the beginning of everything.

There’s tons of disagreement about what its genre is. Those things inform the text, but they shouldn’t impose on the text.