Growing Neanderthal Minibrains

I don’t see it among neanderthals either until there were humans to mimic and trade with. And nothing like the quality and quantity of our kind.

I am not saying that they weren’t intelligent as engineers. I am saying that is not what makes us human. I don’t know how many times I have to say it, both here and on the “Disability and the Image of God” thread, it is not about intelligence. It is about longing for community and a desire to be a part of something larger than ourselves. Its an ability to love truth for its own sake, to desire an ideal. In that, the evidence is not there that they were like us, or even thought like us. And there were genetic barriers to hybridization. That which did occur is slowly being weeded out for the most part.

Suggesting that I am suffering from mental illness in response to my reasoned attempt to show how the evidence you present does not demonstrate what you and others hope that it shows is not going to be a winning tactic with me, and I hope it is one which will not be tolerated around here. Ditto with the implications of racism.

No intimation of mental illness intended. Sorry if it came across that way. You don’t see the “longing to be part of something larger than ourselves” in their mimicry, even if that’s all it is, of homo sapiens’ behavior? And where, exactly, would we go looking for evidence of a “spiritual” God-ward orientation among the Neanderthals by evaluating cultural artifacts from that long ago? What do you expect we’d have to find to cinch the case?
You can’t admit, at least, that there’s a gradient? Why not?

1 Like

Idols. Or a Gobi Tel Keppe. Or an effort to form large societies rather than a series of small inbred clans. Or even evidence of vast trade networks.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Ancient Art from 40,000 Years Ago

What “kind” of humans, is the point.

My point is there is only one kind" of human - Homo Sapiens.

A line in the sand, so to speak.
Positively beastly of you, mate!
(Aw, come on guys… that right there’s funny!
I don’t care what “side” 'yer on… that right there’s FUNNY!)

1 Like

Sure we sent a man to the moon in 1969, but what were we doing 35,000 years ago? What was the worldwide state of the technology for mankind 35,000 years ago? We were hunting animals in Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia. But genus Homo was cooking with fire and stone tools for at least one million year old technology. The real question is what are the differences between Neanderthals and Sapiens at specific locations and specific times. So far, no evidence of major no technological, biological, difference between species at given location and time periods. Given that only our species to survived past 35,000 years ago says that we can’t compare people even 10,000 years ago with Neanderthals.

1 Like

There are a wide range of views on what the Image of God is. Some conceptions have no problem with arising gradually over a large worldwide population. In the Genealogical Adam, we often say those outside the Garden were in God’s Image too. So that is not something exclusive to Adam.

Looking that the results, it is interesting that they see differences between the Sapiens and Neandertal organoids. This is, honestly, a little surprising and difficult to interpret. Can’t say for sure yet, but this might qualify as weak evidence that there were some mental advantages that Sapien’s had. This could provide a way of untangling exactly what gives rise to the human brain. I’m curious to see how it develops from here.

2 Likes

Be nice @anon46279830. @Patrick is a friendly atheist, not a troll.

Oh he trolls from time to time, you have called him on it yourself. He relishes it I think. And that was my “nice”.

1 Like

I found two definitions of troll:

1. a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.
  2. a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.

Since I don’t believe in the existence of any mythical beings and I know that I am thinking as I am typing therefore I am real, I am not a troll under definition 1. Regarding Definition 2, all my posts are deliberate. But whether they are offensive or provocative is really up to the reader’s judgement. And my intent to be offensive or provocative may or may not be intentional. Therefore, it is impossible to determine with certainty whether I am a troll trolling or not-a-troll not trolling.

Its possible when you basically confess. But some may not call it trolling, some may call it “playing red team”. Red Team Wins a Round

1 Like

Study Gobekli Tepe, as it is a great example of archaeology coming together with ancient DNA of plants and animals. 12,000 years old. Definitively Hunter-gather society. No animal domestication or agriculture based on ancient DNA. Clearly a reverence of animals. Clearly cultural in that it is for a large number of people to see. Compare that with the 35,000 year old Lion-man figurine. Certainly art. But private art. Just for a family or a small group to see. Very different purposes for each.

Sometimes you don’t even know what team you are on. Dealin’ card games with the old men in the club car.
Penny a point ain’t no one keepin’ score.

@Patrick , I happen to know for certain that you are, actually, the “Trololo Man.” : )

1 Like

Thanks for this. LOL Trololo Man was a real person who died in 2012. He is the idol of trolls everywhere. :grinning:

Thought you might like it. He’s virtually a meme. : )

1 Like