ICR's New Logo Twists DNA the Wrong Way

I didn’t see an “S” until you mentioned it—and now it bugs me also.

And I know from my fundamentalist background that pareidolia is a very serious sin, largely because it has an idol in it. [Two of them, actually. Yes, you have to work for that one.] Of course, apophenia in general is a sin but somehow it doesn’t sound as bad as pareidolia. That probably makes me a liberal.

Meanwhile, I invented a new word today: plagiarism.

4 Likes

Next time I’m in Dallas, I hope to visit their restaurant at the new The ICR Discovery Center for Science & Earth History. When the waiter asks for my drink order, I’ll reply with a straight face: “I might as well try your new ICR logo—with a twist.”

(Not really. It sounds too GMO for me.)

3 Likes

Nothing beats the real thing. I think this scanning tunneling-microscopy picture of DNA is worth a book cover all on it’s own:

7 Likes

Dan, I had considered contacting ICR about the wrongly-twisted DNA in their logo—but then I reminded myself of the old maxim, “No good turn goes unpunished.”

2 Likes

Maybe it’s not time yet?

2 Likes

It appears they took this option. Did they acknowledge the mistake any where or was it a stealth edit?

I see no mention of mistake or correction. It was fun while it lasted. :slight_smile:

I have since noted left-handed DNA appearing in other articles, but one of those actually mentioned left-handed DNA, so it may not have been an error.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.