ICR's New Logo Twists DNA the Wrong Way

This certainly belongs in the left-DNA hall of fame:

http://users.fred.net/tds/leftdna/

On a side note, it took about 3 back and forths with the publisher/graphic artist to make sure the DNA was correct on my book cover. The forgot the minor groove. They had the twist backwards. They didn’t even have the twist consistent.

In the back of my mind I was worried precisely about ending up in the hall of shame on this one. I’m pleased with how it ended up in the end.

Thanks to @Glenn_Branch, @Joe_Felsenstein , and the PT list for pointing this out.

10 Likes

Nice catch there. I had not bothered to look at the helix when I talked about it. I wonder if they will change it.

3 Likes

For my money, I predict they will come up with a theory of how God flipped DNA.

5 Likes

Meh. Seems trivial for them to just say it depicts Z-DNA.

1 Like

Why would they want to depict Z-DNA?

C’mon @Joel_Duff, give 'em the link!

1 Like

Same reason they would want to depict B-DNA - to look like a sciency toothpaste-selling and pharmaceutical company?

Well, we’ll see I suppose. I think, most likely, they will either:

1. Ignore it and wear this badge for quite some time.

2. Quietly flip the DNA without acknowledging the change.

5 Likes

Hmm…I don’t see DNA really in the logo (perhaps intuitively because it is incorrect), I see an “S” and there is no “S” in their organization’s name, so that’s bugging me. The graphic artists could have made the DNA look much more like a “C” based on what I see from the GAE cover. Also their announcement article has no spaces between several words where there should be hyphens.

So overall :neutral_face:

1 Like

ICR’s New Logo Twists DNA the Wrong Way

The new ICR logo depicts the “perfect” DNA which existed before the fall of Adam and Eve.

(Sin reversed its twist. So now we live in an imperfect world where everything is opposite of how it was meant to be.)

Yes, if I were prone to use emoticons, I would insert one to make sure that no one takes me seriously on this. That’s my twist on the ICR press release.

4 Likes

If I were a journalist I would be unable to resist titling my news article about the ICR announcement: “YEC Organization’s New DNA-Themed Logo Tells Twisted Tale.”

2 Likes

A new twist is definitely what’s needed.

I guess we shouldn’t complain - this may be ICR’s first and only twist to the Left. :wink:

2 Likes

@PDPrice any word on a correction? Fixing it sooner rather than later seems like the way to go. Hopefully it’s not too late to cancel that order for new Letterhead. :slight_smile:

1 Like

With all the things they have wrong and never corrected, you think they’d fix this?

2 Likes

I just checked ICR.org, and a correction has been posted.
ICR_left_twist_correction

:grin:

7 Likes

Did they post and explanation? Is there any Indication they got this wrong and fixed it?

@swamidass Look again - It was a joke. :grin:

ETA: ICR has not changed their Logo … yet.

2 Likes

Don’t be silly, obviously they replaced it with this:

2 Likes

It seems their graphics department is still working out the bugs …

ICR_left_twist_correction2

5 Likes