Introducing Jeffb

I’m not clear why that would happen. Whatever do you think my motives are?

I don’t see that as a measure of confidence. If I see you making a grievous error of understanding, isn’t it a friendly thing to do to try to convince you of your error? I’m trying to present you with evidence, or at least to get to the point where you will examine evidence. I’m trying to find out what you know already, though generally not succeeding.

That depends on what you mean by design. If you mean separate creation of kinds, I’m arguing for common descent. It’s impossible to rule out the possibility that God has influenced its course and impossible even to detect whether he has, assuming he’s being subtle about it. But he must be very subtle, as there are no smoking guns for design.

Before we can consider the evidence for common descent, we have to know what you think was separately created. Can you name some groups that you are sure are separate kinds? Bonus points if you can explain how you know. Are crocodylians all one kind? Birds? If either is not in your opinion, I can point you toward some data. Or if you don’t like that, how about primates?

3 Likes