Jeremy Christian: Image of God and Free Will?

No, I’m using it correctly. A native. See, this is the history of free will’s impact on humanity on this planet. All of us here in these forums, we’re all the free will invaders. Free will makes humans the agressive party in the pre-Adam vs post-Adam human dynamic. Natives don’t last. See the history of civilization for support of this. This is why all the remaining “uncontacted peoples” live in the parts of the world that free willed civilization just don’t really want. If we decide we do, they’ll have to move or cease to exist.

That’s a good point about the tree of life. Something to think about. This is the whole reason I pester people with stuff like this.

No. The snake was playing the intended role. That’s another interesting aspect of the story. This debate going on between satan and God, that continues throughout the book of Job. He’s playing devil’s advocate, if you will.

Actually, that’s what’s really interesting about Genesis 6. The whole reason for the flood. The ‘sons of God’ (Adam’s kin) married and had children with the ‘daughters of humans’. It’s at this point that it says God regrets putting these humans on the Earth.

• Re: the flood… Another aside. I find it a point of interest that God seems to have chosen to place this volatile new creation of his in a region of the Earth that’s the geological equivalent of a storm drain. Like a panic button you can press if things start going astray.

As for waiting billions of years, time isn’t relevant. None of that matters. But my answer to that. I think of our habitat like that of a lion in a zoo. There’s often that large chasm between the lions and the spectators. Time and space, the universe, is the kind of habitat you’d make for a human capable of all we are. We still can’t quite see the edges.

I don’t think I’m diminishing the real world’s relevance. I said this life serves two specific and very necessary purposes. In my view, this gives relevance and meaning to literally every living person. Even if that person died as an infant. It’s all part of the tapestry. It’s all of the utmost importance. The only thing that might make it seem ‘diminished’ is that this place won’t last. This we know. We all die. The sun will die. The universe will die. The story says as much.

Yes, I believe there is free will in heaven. This is why admittance requires