Map Lets See How Earth Changed Over the Past 750 Million Years

This is fun. :smiley:

1 Like

The link to the map doesn’t work for me. Anyone else?

I thought the Idea of a full Pangaea was debunked and that there was a far more simplistic version. I thought since they had a better understanding of the continental plates and sediments that the Pangaea was tossed.
The obvious remained the same Europe/England almost touched the east coast of Canada and South America almost touched Africa meaning that The whole bottom of the earth expanded while the North pole moved very little and the Pacific ocean dropped when the Atlantic opened up and that can be easily seen on the Ocean floor on google earth.

1 Like

Try this one: Ancient Earth globe

1 Like

That one worked.

1 Like

I looked it over. I didn’t find it convincing. For one reason the erosion around the continents stayed about the same. And the ocean floor of the Atlantic has been the main expansion and is fairly simple and those shores line line up. the way the present things all of the continents would be floating around and sliding on top of the Pacific ocean and the edges would all look like the sharp subduction like at the end of Japan.
The Main point is that North America and Europe are one continent with an expansion going on under water in the Atlantic. That ocean floor is not a Subduction zone. I think India is the only floating continent to join and push up against the East. And Australia is more of special case because of a expanding South pole.
But its interesting , I think they just got over zealous to create a complex history. I would even go to the extent of saying that Russia and Alaska are part of one land mass so literally it would be impossible to be rolling the continents around. At least not in the north.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.