New Atheism: The Godlessness That Failed

Well this is exactly my point. “Bad thing” is a vague term for atheism since atheism encompasses so many different things. Many atheists care nothing for intellectual defenses for atheism.

Seems like you measure “advantage” by number of people that can be converted to a viewpoint. That’s not what I’m talking about. I already said multiple times that Christian theology and apologetics is not read widely even by Christians themselves, much less atheists. But most Christian apologists won’t mind if you say to them that the primary purpose of their work is “making converted believers feel better about themselves.” That’s part of building up the body of Christ. So they’ll keep churning out the literature regardless, and some fellow Christians will keep publishing, funding, and reading it, because it’s considered a sort of civic Christian duty to do this sort of work.

Yes, maybe this is not “real impact” in society in your eyes. But that’s the advantage: Christians don’t necessarily need the motivation of having “real impact” in society to keep being motivated to do apologetics and theology because they’re “storing up treasure in heaven.” Many would consider this activity a good in itself.

But there’s no such thing in intellectual atheism. Maybe atheists wouldn’t care as it is not a difference with “real impact”. That’s fine too. Oddly enough you seem to care about this asymmetry to keep insisting that it either doesn’t exist or is not “real.”