Nonlin's Case Against Common Descent

@T_aquaticus

Ask the owner of this site.
Anyway, I will only continue this discussion over there.

No one is being prevented from discussing things in their own words. The only thing that is prohibited is spamming your own website.

1 Like

I feel you are being disingenuous about the accepted interpretation of the fossil record, Common Descent, and what it means to have a hypothesis. The fossil record is decidedly non-random, and the data fits the predictions of evolution. This is not in serious dispute. If there is another explanation, then that hypothesis should make similar predictions that explain the observed data as well or better than does evolutionary theory.

How is it relevant fossil discoveries may predate the hypothesis, other than to promote misunderstanding? How is “proof of genetics” not an obvious attempt to move goal posts?

2 Likes

The owner of this site does not appreciate non-constructive arguments or rudeness, and I agree with him. Deliberately evasive answers and Spamming links to promote your own site are bad behaviors. That’s not just this site, any well moderated discussion group on the Internet will have similar rules posted. I will offer the same advice I give to disruptive people in the groups where I am a moderator; Either adjust your behavior or go find another place to play, because you are detracting from the useful discussion here.

CC: @swamidass

3 Likes

@Nonlin.org are you trying to get banned? I can oblige you. At this point you have one of two choices.

1. Unmask yourself, and give up the anonymity.

2. Come to learn instead of convince.

If you really want to surprise us do both. If you want to be suspended, do neither.

2 Likes

I am actively learning every second from every experience. Does that count? :smiley: Do you mean there are people that don’t do that?

Also, I am not trying to convince you or anyone else in particular. You might have seen these statements on my blog:
“Good ideas may come from anyone and can be modified, spread, and criticized by multiple others.”…
" These Views and Topics show no posting dates because they are being updated as new information becomes available"…
" NonLin seeks to facilitate an exchange of Clear, Concise , and Insightful Ideas"

Shouldn’t you focus on the arguments rather than on attacking the messenger?

The messenger is one way rational people judge a message. That is why we usually do not trust anonymous voices.

1 Like