On Being Human — A Reflection

What about an evolutionary world would be against human rights. Human empathy, love, compassion, tolerance are all evolved human traits.

@Patrick,

I’m cery curious why you are liking my posts. You are promoting a very very gradualist account of human origins. These platonic accounts would be much more saltational.

@Patrick,

A PURELY materialist worldview would fail to give any true grounding or rights to anyone. I’m matter, you’re matter, a rock is matter. We’re just more complex configurations. There would be nothing objectively wrong about you killing me.

Also, you’re quite the optimist! We also inhereted selfishness, the desire to rule over others, and what can be an almost insatiable drive in teens and young adults to be sexually promiscuous from our evolutionary forebears.

@Mark
What do you mean by an evolutionary world as opposed to a materialist world?

1 Like

Well I do like your posts as you explain yourself well. I am not really promoting anything as I read the science papers just like you. The fossil record and genomic can be saltational at times, ask the dinosaurs.

2 Likes

I am an evolved human being who lives in 21st century America. Me killing you might not be a crime for example, in self-defense. That’s why we have a justice system. The justice system would need to spend countless hours finding out the facts surrounding me killing you. It might be murder or an accident, or some other reason. I will certainly get myself a good lawyer. :sunglasses:

2 Likes