Part 3 of Behe's response to Lehigh Colleagues

The Wedge Document was an internal memo within the Discovery Institute. It wasn’t an attempt to raise money.

2 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

no, here it says just To raise financial support for the Center, Discovery Institute prepared a fundraising proposal.

any organization doing like this, stating goals as to match with the one for which you are writing a proposal, it is neither lie nor conspiracy, a common strategy that all organization even me with educational purpose writing the grant proposal

the wedge document is a myth to escape from scientific challenges raised by ID.

thus, calling people ‘ID-creationists’ is unjustifiable

Discovery Institute’s “Wedge Document”: How Darwinist Paranoia Fueled an Urban Legend | Evolution News

They are trying to raise money to push creationism, as described in their own memo.

It is also worth mentioning that there are evolutionary creationists. The label isn’t meant to be derogatory, just descriptive. The communities that are pushing ID believe that God is the one designing outside the confines of natural processes. That’s creationism. Evolutionary creationists believe that God works through nature.

Sorry Edgar the DI got caught with its pants down with their Wedge Strategy. It wasn’t a grant request to raise money. It was a position statement of their goals and objectives.

After it was uncovered of course the DI did all they could to lie and spin and downplay the Wedge but it was too late. A bad case of shutting the barn door after the horse had escaped…

3 Likes

Would you prefer being called a “cdesign proponentsist”?

2 Likes

no, I think the motion of planets is governed by gravity, but I do not think people should be called Gravity proponent. Arguing for and against scientific theory does not have to become as an identity issue

3 Likes