RTB's Model and Smalley

Here’s another opportunity to assist RTB in the content of their writings on the implications of scientific subjects for demonstrating the need for, or at least the possibilty of, God’s active involvement in the world of nature, both historically and at present.
Some will decide they are being misleading, some may just scratch their heads, some may find some seeds of potential truth.
RTB has produced and distributed “conversation cards” which most here will recognize as “advocacy cards,” instead. The approximate text of them, along with links for further reading, are here: https://reasons.org/more
Whatever good-hearted comments we can make to tune up the science in their arguments would, undoubtedly, be considered valuable feedback from many in this group.
You may find the advocative direction objectionable or intriguing, and questions and comments along those lines would likely be similarly received.
A “fair enough” invitation, @swamidass and @AJRoberts ? @gbrooks9 ; no need to get worried --this is, indeed, one of the organizations which Josh hopes we can influence positively. I’d especially love to see your feedback, @jongarvey !
Whether you read the link with halting tolerance, slight disdain, or mild agreement, no matter --it’s the science we’re in a position to comment upon cogently.
Cheers!

1 Like

@Guy_Coe or anyone…

I went to the link… i even used the search tool…

Where are those “cards” exactly?

1 Like

The cards are small printed folded versions of pretty much the same text you find at that link. I was sent a batch free, as an RTB supporter. You can probably find them at the online store, I’m guessing?

1 Like

Thanks for the chance to clarify… yes; they’re in the store. 20 for $10. Not a bad tool for Peaceful Science to develop, also. Want me to send you one in the mail, @gbrooks9 ? : )
BTW, that’s Josh’s brown coat shoulder in the pic of me chatting with Hugh Ross.

2 Likes

@Guy_Coe,

Since i still cant imagine what text to review i will happily take an Email!

George.brooks@verizonwireless.com

Ummm… what picture?

The text at the link, @gbrooks9. It’s brief and relatively predictable for those steeped in evangelical apologetics. If I can find a digital file, I’ll send it on. Meantime, the link has a slightly longer version of the text than the printed cards have.
The cards steer the holder to the link, where other articles are also linked, as in this one on abiogenesis : https://www.reasons.org/explore/publications/rtb-101/read/rtb-101/2001/03/31/origin-of-life-predictions-face-off-evolution-vs-biblical-creation
As a a way to gather and steer interests, they are an interesting tool.
The picture is the one in my avatar.

1 Like