Some Assembly Required

Greetings, all! (After a highly prolonged silence, haha).

I just started reading Some Assembly Required, by Neil Shubin. It looks like the book came out just last year, so I am wondering if any of you have thoughts on it (or even critiques) that you would like to share as I read. It would seem that the subject matter of this book is pretty relevant to this forum, so I look forward to hearing what you all have to say!

Thanks!

7 Likes

yes I read the book. I found it very good description on how evolution really works. The DNA evidence is compelling.

6 Likes

Good choice. I always prefer to read work from actual practitioners who can write well over science journalists, even though some of these are very good. Shubin has authored many scientific papers up to present, in addition to his well received popularizations

7 Likes

I haven’t read it yet, but I’m currently reading his book Your Inner Fish. I really enjoy his work.

5 Likes

I enjoyed both books immensely, and recommend them whenever a nonscientist asks for a good book for an overview of evolution.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.