The Relationship Between Math and Physics

I am getting the impression you both have not read the standard Commentary of Gordon J. Wenham (Word Biblical Commentary I, Genesis 1–15, Word books: Waco Texas, 1987). Have you? To avoid misunderstandings posting on Genesis it may be useful you read it:

1. Adam and Eve were perfectly aware of God’s love for them: in this sense they had knowledge about what is good. Nonetheless (tempted by the serpent) they mistrusted God and freely decided to defy God’s commandment: in this sense they knew perfectly well they were doing something bad although they deluded themselves “wishfully thinking” their sin would make them like God. After sinning they realized the delusion and to have done what is bad.
    In any case: They were completely free to NOT sin and hence accountable for their deeds. Otherwise it would have been nonsensical on the part of God to declare them guilty for disobedience, curse them for their sin (Gen 2:16-19), and banish them from the Garden of Eden (Gen 2:23).

2. It is noteworthy that the phrase “good and evil” used in (Genesis 2:9) to describe God’s commandment, was also used in legal contexts to describe “legal responsibility” (Clark, Malcolin W. 1969. “A legal Background to the Yahwist’s Use of ‘Good’ and ‘Evil’ in Gen 2–3.” Journal of Biblical Literature 88: 266–278. Quoted in Gordon J. Wenham, Word Biblical Commentary I, Genesis 1–15, Word books: Waco Texas, 1987, p. 64). In this sense “knowledge of good and bad” in Genesis means awareness of law and accountability for transgression.