Valerie's interpretation of Genesis 1

I’m not sure what your actually critique here is. The original audience would understand that water is water. And that light as created would not have a source, therefore it’s different that the light radiated from stars.

We know now that water is created from molecules of hydrogen and oxygen, but that’s a modern interpretation because of science.

We know that “waters” must be in the heaven Biblical Cosmography -> Primordial Waters = Fluid Dark Matter? so the only reasonable conclusion I see to make is that God didn’t make those waters as H20 on Day 1, but later on Day 3, those waters that were on the earth were formed to create water molecules as we know them. The waters separated on Day 2 into the heavens do not have to be H20.

Otherwise I must assume all the Bible passages I discuss in the link above are metaphor only. If science supports reading them in a plain way, I’m happy that science confirms the Bible.

This is no different than what Maury did with currents. Paths of the Seas | The Institute for Creation Research